1. When buying a car it's very important to know how bad your credit score is. Buyers with good or excellent credit have much more leverage than buyers with average or poor credit. Banks will look at the history of an individual with poor credit and assume that history repeats itself. Essentially, Banks assume they will never collect on the entire loan.
2. It’s important to pull a Kelly Blue Book Retail value to get an idea of what a used car dealership should be selling a vehicle for. It helps to thoroughly understand the difference between KBB values such as “Retail”, “Private Party”, and “Trade In”.
3. When comp shopping online on various websites (autotrader.com, cars.com, usedcars.com, etc.) it’s important to look at what most comparable vehicles are selling for. For example; if you look at 10 similar units (year, miles, options, on the same make and model) you should see what 80% of the units are priced at. Disregard the cheapest and most expensive units as they usually do not accurately reflect fair market value.
4. If at all possible it’s always better to get your own financing. Most used car dealerships in las vegas prefer cash (getting your own separate financing is the same as cash to a dealer) due to the heavy finance charges that contracted lenders apply to each dealership loan. Bringing cash to the game might get you a better overall price.
5. When car shopping it’s important to anticipate additional costs after the sales price. Taxes, title, documentation, and prep fees exist at all dealerships. To avoid the shock of buying a car, remember that the sales price is your starting point!
6. When comparable shopping pre owned cars in Las Vegas it’s very important to consider age, miles, options, and color. Missing a key component will throw off your evaluation of market value. If you see a car and the price is too good to be true; there is probably a reason.
Let Us Find YOU A Car
We want to make sure you get into a car you are happy with. Fill out the form on the page so that we can get a good idea of what you are looking for. We will then take that information and find a car for you!!